According to the latest data from the U.S. Census, Florida ranks #1 in total net migration, which measures the difference between the number of people moving in and the number of people moving out of a state. From July 2021 to July 2022, nearly 444,500 people moved to Florida, which, compared to the previous year, was a gain of 185,000, the largest year-over-year impact of residents moving.
The Sunshine State is welcoming not only individuals and families but also the fastest-growing industry in our economy, the tech industry. There are several tech companies in Tampa Bay with offices or a presence in the area.
Please note that this list is a summary and may not include all tech companies in the area:
1. Jabil: Jabil is a global manufacturing services company with a significant presence in Tampa Bay. They provide electronic design, manufacturing, and supply chain services.
2. Tech Data Corporation: Tech Data is a leading technology distributor that provides IT products, services, and solutions. They have their headquarters in Clearwater, Florida, which is part of the Tampa Bay area.
3. Nielsen: Nielsen is a global measurement and data analytics company that focuses on media and consumer insights. They have a presence in Tampa Bay, particularly in the Oldsmar area.
4. AgileThought: AgileThought is a technology solutions provider specializing in software development, data analytics, and digital transformation. They have their headquarters in Tampa and serve clients across various industries.
5. ConnectWise: ConnectWise offers business management and automation software for technology service providers. They are headquartered in Tampa and provide software solutions for IT companies.
6. Tribridge: Tribridge, now part of DXC Technology, is an IT services and consulting company. They provide solutions in areas such as cloud computing, business applications, and cybersecurity.
7. Malwarebytes: Malwarebytes is a cybersecurity company that develops anti-malware and anti-exploit software. They have an office in Clearwater, Florida.
8. KnowBe4: KnowBe4 is a cybersecurity awareness training platform that helps organizations educate their employees about phishing and other cybersecurity threats. They are headquartered in Clearwater.
Tampa Bay is home to several data center companies that provide a range of services related to data storage, management, and infrastructure. Here are a few notable data center companies in Central Florida.
1. Flexential: Flexential operates a data center in Tampa, offering colocation, cloud, and managed services. They provide reliable infrastructure and IT solutions for businesses of various sizes.
2. Peak 10 + ViaWest (now Flexential): Peak 10 + ViaWest, which merged with Flexential, operates a data center in Tampa. They provide colocation, cloud, and managed services, supporting businesses with their IT infrastructure needs.
3. vXchnge: vXchnge operates a Tampa data center that offers colocation and interconnection services. Their facility is designed to provide a reliable and secure infrastructure for businesses' data storage and networking requirements.
4. DataSite: DataSite operates a data center in Orlando, which is close to the Tampa Bay area. They provide colocation and disaster recovery services, catering to various industries such as healthcare, finance, and technology.
5. Cologix: Cologix operates a data center in downtown Tampa. They offer colocation and network connectivity services, enabling businesses to securely store and manage their data.
6. Zayo Group: Zayo Group has a presence in Tampa Bay, providing fiber-based network solutions and colocation services. They offer a range of data center services, including connectivity, infrastructure, and managed solutions.
In summary, the tech landscape in Tampa Bay is thriving, powered by a vibrant community of innovative and dynamic companies. Demand for housing, tech talent will rise over time, and opportunities will be available for those who are seeking to join this great industry. I hope you find this article insightful.